Save the dates for OpenTox Euro 2017 Meeting
We are happy to invite you to the OpenTox Euro 2017 Meeting to be held 21-23 November in Basel (Switzerland) at the Stücki meeting center.
This year’s program explores the major issues facing the European toxicology community, including Integration/interoperability, regulatory acceptance and the 3Rs (Replacement, Reduction and Refinement of Animal Testing).
Everyone concerned with designing a safer world is welcome at OpenTox Euro: researchers from academia and industry working in vivo, in vitro and in silico, risk assessors and regulators.
Our mission: Promote OpenTox as the place where the toxicology community talks across geographical, political, funding and field-of-expertise borders.
Day 1 of OpenTox Euro takes a hands-on tone with two hackathons (data and API) and training sessions, both lead by the OpenRiskNet, the H2020 e-infrastructure project on data harmonization and tools interoperability in toxicology and risk assessment. Attendance is open and free of charge - all are welcome to join!
The main body of OpenTox Euro begins on Day 2. To strengthen its collaboration with a number of European projects, the OpenTox Association has invited leading scientists to chair the following sessions:
- S1: Defined approaches towards regulatory acceptance, chaired by Martin Wilks, SCAHT and co-organized with in3 project
- S2: Simulations of exposure and transport, chaired by Vladimir Lobaskin, UCD and co-organized with SmartNanoTox project
- S3: Integration and interoperability: software, chaired by Chris Evelo, Maastricht University and co-organized with OpenRiskNet project
- S4: Integration and interoperability: data, chaired Clemens Wittwehr, JRC
- S5: High-content imaging, chaired by Bob van der Water, Leiden University and co-organized with EU-ToxRisk project
- S6: Characterization of experimental conditions, chaired by Iseult Lynch, University of Birmingham and co-organized with ACEnano project
A poster session will round out the conference. You are encouraged and welcome to submit a poster of your latest work. Ample time will be allowed for lunches, coffee breaks and other opportunities for networking and socializing.
OpenTox Euro supports the OpenTox Association’s mission to promote community-based exchange and use of open knowledge, software, methods, tools, data, reference resources and standards in the scientific activities of predictive toxicology, safety assessment and risk management. In addition to OpenTox Euro, OpenTox conferences have already been held this year in the USA and Asia. Other ongoing activities are meetings of local chapters, working groups and participation of members in public funded projects like ToxBank, eNanoMapper and OpenRiskNet. Further information about the association is available here.
Register for the training sessions, hackathon and conference, submit a poster or learn more about OpenTox Euro here. Get ready for a stimulating and important meeting!